Sunday, September 28, 2008

Texas Visit

This has been a fantastic visit. Air travel was uneventful which was a blessing. Mary Nan treated me royally, as did my other host family, Debbie and Mike Murray. Unfortunately, Mike was sick on Friday night/Saturday and Debbie had bad reaction to heat and giving blood, but they recovered quickly and we had a great visit. Saturday night Betty and Wayne Reinert had me to their house for a time of fellowship and catching up.

It was such fun to show up at Sunday School and surprise everyone, and then they surprised me with an engraved "Sweet Home Alabama" photo album!! And a wonderful card signed by each of them -- thanks much to a great class that we miss so much! Nate came to church and then took me out for lunch at a new place and we just enjoyed our time together (we also went window shopping at BestBuy). Kitty (and Larry) hosted me this afternoon and we just had time sharing with each other.

Heard from my new lady boss and downloaded employee forms that I will fill out and give to her on Tuesday! Looking forward to this new experience!! I fly back home on Monday afternoon!

Thanks everyone who had even a small part in making this truly a weekend to remember! Now looking forward to moving into that new house this coming weekend!!!!!!!!! If you are in the neighborhood, feel free to come help move furniture and help us set up house!

No comments: